Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stuffed Peppers.

I like stuffed peppers, but recipes for them always seem like they have a million ingredients. There is a #1 pet peeve of mine. When I look at a recipe, it happens as follows: Look at photo first. Yep, looks delicious, what do I need to make that? WOAH! One million ingredients? Nope, doesn't look that good. The thought of making that particular recipe vanishes. I'm a lazy cook, what can I say.

Instead of spending numerous hours buying tons of ingredients and measuring them to make some delicious peppers, I tend to throw a bunch of random food items together and just let it happen. Tonight, it worked.

Before baking peppers!

Seriously, what would stop you from eating that? SO amazing.


Ingredients:

4 bell peppers, top removed
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 container of Trader Joe's Chili Feta
dash of soy sauce
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. Italian spices
pinch of paprika
salt & pepper to taste

I know it's kind of weird. Chili feta, soy sauce, italian spices...it's random.

Directions:


Saute vegetables in olive oil over medium heat until softened. Mix in spices and soy sauce. Once combined, remove from heat and add cooked quinoa and feta. Spoon into peppers. Bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.

My ingredient amounts are approximate since I literally just threw them all together without thinking. I can't wait to eat one for lunch tomorrow!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Love stuffed peppers! So easy and so delicious!

Jo said...

These look DELICIOUS!!! I am so going to try making stuffed peppers with quinoa!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved