Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Icing & Exciting News!

Icing is one of the greatest parts of a cupcake, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I have always just spread the icing on the cupcake with a knife. I've been seriously lacking.

My sister asked me to bake cupcakes for her boyfriend's graduation coming up this weekend so I knew I had to get my butt in gear and make some pretty icing. I went to Michael's and bought a Wilton Cupcake Decorating Set. I kind of figured my cupcakes would still look like a 5 year old made them, but I did surprisingly well! There is still lots of room for improvement, but I was in a rush before work this morning so giving myself time I think I can get close to perfection!

I will post photos of the grad cupcakes once complete but here are my testers for now!



I have another VERY special person to make cupcakes for this week also!!! Dan is FINALLY coming home!!! He'll be here by the end of the week and I (obviously!) couldn't be more excited!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Those a super cute & yay for Dan!! I am so happy for you!!

Leigh said...

I think they look fabulous :) And so exciting that he is finally coming home :)

Jamie said...

They look delicious- of course!!! You're such a good sister! I probably sound like a broken record by now but sooo happy Dan will be in your arms in less than 24 hours!!!

Alisha said...

Just found your blog, and it's so darn cute!

I've always just spread the icing with a knife too. Kudos to you for stepping up and actually doing this the REAL way. They look great!! Way to go! :)

xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved