Sunday, September 4, 2011

Protein Trail Mix Cookies.

First Pinterest love. (I have multiple now, but these cookies got me hooked.) They are healthy, delicious, and just plain amazing. I made them for the second time last night and love eating one (or two!) with fresh berries for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I just love that there is no refined sugar in them.


Ingredients:

3 Tbsp flax seeds (ground into meal)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used carob chips for fun and love them!)
1/4 cup raisins (I don't like raisins so I substituted for a bit of the other nuts/carob chips)
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
3 Tbsp honey (I used hazelnut flavoured Agave nectar)
3/4 tsp salt (omitted)
1/4 tsp vanilla
stevia to taste (I didn't find this necessary)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine ground flax with milk and set aside. In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Add flax mixture to dry ingredients and combine. The mix may seem dry, but this is normal. To make cookies, spoon the dough into your hand and pack cookies. Place the cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Let them cool completely on pan before transferring to an airtight container.

Please just do yourself a favour and go buy all the ingredients for these tasty (and healthy!!!) protein packed treats and try them for yourself! They are SO simple!

PS. Look forward to Monday's post! You are in for a serious treat. While these cookies were my first Pinterest love, they are no longer my favourite!!!!

1 comments:

Jo said...

OMG, these look DELICIOUS! Can't wait to see what you post on Monday!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved