Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quinoa Salad.

I made copious quantities of quinoa the other night. This happened to be the same night my parents got home from a holiday in Hawaii and brought me back raw macadamia nuts. I knew the two had to be combined. This was the result.

Miss Ashley's Quinoa Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. organic extra-virgin olive oil
6 organic lemons, juiced
small amount of lemon zest
1/2 cup organic cranberries
1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
salt & pepper to taste

red pepper flakes {optional}

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, mix room temperature quinoa, red onion, cranberries, macadamia nuts, and spices. Add in the liquid and mix.

I'm sure adding cilantro or parsley would only enhance this recipe but my taste testers approved as is!


1 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds yummy! I love macadamia nuts!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved