Saturday, July 24, 2010

Countdown.


backward count: a count in descending order before an event such as a rocket launch

...or seeing your boyfriend - whatever.

I remember the last time Dan was deploying. There was a countdown until pre-deployment training was over and all the home visits in between, countdown to the official leave date, which turned into a countdown for R&R, etc. The countdowns were endless. I love them. Crosssing off those dates and knowing you're one day closer to seeing your love is a wonderful feeling.

What do you count by? I usually count by dates but while reminiscing I was reminded that I sometimes counted by paydays. Please tell me I'm not alone. haha

While searching through countdown, tickers, and other deployment stuff, I came across
this. I think it's beyond adorable! Obviously it's made with a chalkboard because you know that the date will change 123948 billion times before he actually arrives home.

Do you love countdowns as much as I do?

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that chalkboard!!! I've been thinking so much of countdowns too. I want a final countdown! The other ones are starting to get old, haha. I think I have a love/hate relationship with them. I wonder if I could make my own chalkboard... hmm. How funny that I just emailed you asking for craft ideas! Wow is this my blog or yours? Hehe sorry Ash : )

ashley said...

My blog is your blog. :)

I never even though about making it myself! You are brilliant! I think I'd have to ditch the soldier though. I couldn't handle that. Maybe flags instead? I'm going to look into this!

I agree - definitely a love/hate relationship!

Jessica Lynn said...

Countdowns are sometimes the only thing that can get me through a day - I hope you find one that works for you!

Jenny said...

I love the chalkboard, I've seen that before! I think it would be cute to make something like that... :)

I love countdowns, but I usually can't start them until it gets close to the end of it? Like, I usually count down to the end of school, but if I start too soon I get anxious about everything I have left to do! lol

LeahMarie said...

I love the chalkboard. In Fact...I must by one! :)

I also do countdowns for everything I can. I think the payday thing is great. I used to do that while Rob was in Afghan.

I'm glad I found this blog. I've missed you. Oh, and we watched Remember Me on the same night.

Anonymous said...

I count by dates, and TV show episodes. My favorite thing was seeing a new episode of one of my (many) shows on TV while he was gone. It made me realize I was one WEEK closer to him coming home :)

Anonymous said...

Remember Me is such a good movie isn't it? I can't believe I waited so long to watch it. You know what's funny? I used to LOVE countdowns (especially when I was pregnant!) but lately I haven't been doing it as much!

ashley said...

Ahh, TV show episodes! What a fabulous idea!

I loved Remember Me so much I watched it twice! :)

I'm glad countdowns are loved!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved