Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Abundance of Corn!


Today, at work, we received a few boxes of corn! If you don't already know, I work for my parent's transportation company and apparently we received some corn to sample! I figured this would be a great opportunity to get me started on making fun meals for one! I am going to make the corn four different ways. Once I've tried them, I will produce a picture and a review!


Here are the recipes I'm going to try:

1. Bacon Wrapped Corn by Paula Deen
This recipe is obviously incredibly simple. It includes bacon so I really can't go wrong here. In a great attempt to be healthy I'm going to use my new favourite Lilydale Turkey Bacon. It tastes almost like Canadian Bacon and is the best in comparison to Butterball. This recipe hasn't received rave reviews but I'm hoping the switch to turkey bacon will make a difference.


2. Cuban Corn by Dave Lieberman
I love cilantro and I can't wait to taste it on the corn.


3. Cheese on the Cob by Paula Deen
Another dietary staple along with bacon is cheese!!! Okay, I think I've officially been hanging out with Dan too long. Regardless, I have a feeling it's going to be delicious.

4. Avocado and Corn Salsa by Michael Smith
Another love - avocado!! So, so excited to try this!


Look for my updates throughout this coming week to find out how the recipes turn out!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yummmmm, these all sound delicious! That turkey bacon looks really good too! I am pretty sure Ryan thinks bacon is a major food group, haha, so he'd love it. Have you ever tried center cut bacon? It's delicious and healthy! Well for bacon ; )

Brianne said...

Those recipes sound AMAZING! I love avocados.

Unknown said...

Good luck with these, Ashley!

Amanda said...

All of those recipes sound delicious! I'm so jealous of your corn on the cob! It's weird...here where we live in Italy they have corn stalks growing EVERYWHERE, but they don't sell it as corn on the cob in the grocery stores/commissary. They use it all for animal feed and making pasta and stuff. I miss corn on the cob sooooo much!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved