Friday, July 29, 2011

A New Path...

I have been contemplating what I want to do with my life for some time now. It's been somewhat of a struggle for me over the last five years or so because how are you supposed to know where you are going when you have no idea where you want to go? It was difficult, but I've been directed into an area I'm very passionate about!

In September, I'll be beginning classes to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN). The program is 1 year ( I can choose afterwards to go for 2 years to get an advanced diploma) full-time, which is actually only two nights per week. There is a lot to learn, so it's going to be challenging, but most importantly very fun because I am so interested in health, food, the body, and the way it all works together!

If you're wondering what an RHN is exactly, here is the description from the school's website:

"R.H.N.s™ Registered Holistic Nutritionists™, (or, Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultants™ in the Atlantic Provinces) (or, Holistic Nutritionists™ or Holistic Nutritional Consultants™ in Alberta) are professionals trained in Natural Nutrition and complementary therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals and groups about the benefits and health impact of optimal nutrition.

Mainstream medicine does not emphasize the significance of poor nutrition as a major cause of a wide range of health disorders. Although most people are aware of the benefits of sound nutrition, the range of conflicting information available to the consumer is often confusing. RHNs™ guide their clients through the maze of information from books, magazines, supplements and diets on the market. They work with clients to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of diseases, and they are qualified to design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health. Many RHNs™ also contribute to the health and well-being of Canadians by writing articles for prominent health care magazines such as Alive and Vitality."

I am so excited! I can't wait to start the program so I can start assisting others in maintaining healthy, fulfilled lives!

3 comments:

Meg Baxter said...

This sounds awesome, Ashley! What school are you attending? When I get back to work, this is something I would totally consider.

Jessica Lynn said...

I am seriously so excited for you. If you ever need a "test subject" to talk about in your classes, I would very much like to figure out what the heck is going on with my body :) Can't wait for you to start!

Jillian said...

This is fantastic!! I've always been interested in going back to school for something like this. I love that it's only a year (not too daunting) and that you'll be doing something you love! Let us know how it goes :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved